- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.UVsgb4Gv.dpuf Erin's Alter Ego Writes Books: I'm alive, I promise

Saturday 2 February 2013

I'm alive, I promise

As a fellow writer recently lamented, blogging can get in the way of writing. And I've been so busy, life has gotten in the way of writing, so blogging suffered as a result. I'll try to make amends.

So NaNoWriMo didn't go as planned.

I wrote and wrote and tore out my hair, trying to make it work. I had a scenario that I'd dreamt about years ago and it's stuck with me for a long time. The dream terrified me. And while I was writing my horror story, I just didn't feel like I was doing it justice. I didn't have a purpose to the story. There was no antagonist. I only had characters that I tried too hard to like. When I had a bad day and killed off three characters within one paragraph, I did one of these:



So, I put that story on the back burner. I will return to it, but November just wasn't the right time. Instead, I've start writing another book that I've had stewing in my mind. This one goes back further than my horror story - I drew the first version of the main character when I was a junior in high school. Granted, that character no longer exists, but that sowed the seeds for this current book.

I'll go back to my little horror story either when I'm done with this one or the one after that. It will be better for it.

Other than that, if you haven't seen this short, then be prepared for the best six minutes of your life.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment